Every quarter, the members of the #Strella team gather virtually to share updates and insight. One of my favorite parts of our meetings is when we each offer a quick tip that we believe will benefit our fellow team members. At our last “#Strella Team Huddle,” the tips covered a range of topics, including marketing, leadership, and health and wellness. I enjoyed the variety of ideas and would like to share a few of my favorites with you!
1. Leadership Lessons
- Be candid and transparent, but also remember that it’s not what you say; it’s how you say it!
- Clean up your desk and keep it that way. “Do it later” can lead to prolonged procrastination. Just do it – now!
- Put yourself in other people’s shoes. Everyone has a unique frame of reference and reasons for acting or reacting to situations in specific ways. Try to refocus and see circumstances through the lenses of others to prevent misunderstandings. If you can see things from the perspectives of others, you will be better able to communicate and collaborate with them.
2. Marketing Wisdom
- Look for marketing and advertising studies that provide statistics and research results to help your brand-building efforts. When you find yourself stuck on how to accomplish something more effectively, you’ll probably discover that there’s a study out there somewhere that has broached the subject.
- A rather significant change has occurred for marketers and Instagram users. Some brands may notice they can no longer “swipe up” on Instagram Stories to view a clickable link! Instead, they must embed a URL in a sticker and add it to the Story.
3. Health and Wellness Self-Care Suggestions
- Stay on top of your health checkups! Don’t put off routine visits, vaccinations, and other preventive appointments. Take care of yourself now so that you can be around for a long time in the future!
- If you like to eat clean, consider one of our team member’s favorite kitchen gadgets – an electric spiralizer! It’s fantastic for creating noodles made from low-carb options like turnips and rutabagas.
- Never wear prescription glasses in the ocean. As you may have guessed, one of our team members failed to follow this advice and the outcome was less than optimal!
- Smile and humanize our world. Because many of us are living our lives on-screen, it has become extra important to make in-person encounters more friendly and meaningful. Make a conscious effort to look others in the eye when speaking to them and be kind. These small gestures can help us heal some of the damage our prolonged isolation has caused throughout the pandemic.
- Take advantage of the summer and fall weather while you can! Go hiking or fishing. Get outside with your family. Take a break from the hectic world.
- Remember to take care of your mental health! Many people have struggled with their psychological well-being lately. If you’re feeling off, talk with someone. It’s a sign of strength, not weakness, to be honest with yourself and seek help.
- Take 10-minute breaks every hour. This can give both your brain and body a short but effective respite from the task at hand, leaving you refreshed and more focused when you resume your work.
- Realize that it’s OK to unplug! Many of us are on our electronic devices 24/7, which is hardly healthy! Put some space between you and your phone and computer for a few hours every day. Your mental and physical well-being will thank you!
- Cover yourself appropriately when doing yard work. All it takes is just one instance of ignoring this tip to understand why it’s so important. 😉
“Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.” ~ Harper Lee
I hope you enjoyed these bits of sage advice from the #Strella team. Which of them do you find practical and helpful? Are there any additional tips you’d like to add to the list? I’d love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment below!